- We discover the Rapaport Value Listing extraordinarily necessary to our enterprise, particularly when shopping for diamonds over-the-counter in addition to pricing diamonds for brand new gross sales. With the ability to clarify to somebody WHY we provide what we provide on diamonds is essential when shopping for over-the-counter, particularly in situations the place the shopper has an appraisal with an inflated worth. Exhibiting them that the business has a typical for pricing and that their appraisal isn’t in that market worth can completely assist them perceive why their appraisal isn’t what they need to anticipate. — Lucy Conklin, Toner Jewelers, Overland Park, KS
- The Rapaport Value Listing is a useful gizmo, however not the “phrase from on excessive.” It’s a monumental process making an attempt to categorize a product, the place, by definition, no two are alike. — Joe Walp, Lengthy Jewelers, Virginia Seaside, VA
- So long as my diamond sellers are utilizing it, it actually doesn’t matter what I feel. In the event that they cease utilizing it, then it issues. — Doug Meadows, David Douglas Diamonds & Jewellery, Marietta, GA
- Helpful for appraisal references, however not related for each day. I simply name suppliers once I want a stone to get a value. — Laura Stanley, Laura Stanley Private Jeweler, North Little Rock, AR
- I take advantage of it to calculate shopping for costs for diamonds I purchase “off the road” and for quoting customized engagement ring budgets. A beneficial software. — Scott Lefcourt, Scottsdale Superb Jewelers, Scottsdale, AZ
- It’s helpful for getting and appraising. — Joe Thacker, Thacker Jewellery, Lubbock, TX
- It’s helpful, however Gem Information is extra helpful as a result of it extra precisely displays actuality. One of many largest issues with Rapaport is greatest illustrated with Martin’s public place on the SI3 grade. In his speeches, he says it’s not an actual grade, but he continues to record it, and the truth that he has listed it for many years is a big purpose as to why it exists. — Rex Solomon, Houston Jewellery, Houston
- How did this one particular person change into the person who set costs for the diamond commerce? Proper now, what alternative do we’ve however to comply with it and use it? However it fairly merely boggles my thoughts as to how we got here thus far. — Tom R. Nelson, Nelson Jewellery, Spencer, IA
- I don’t actually concentrate. The value of a diamond is what it’s. — Stew Brandt, H. Brandt Jewelers, Natick, MA
- It has all the time been a useful gizmo for me. Since each retail market is completely different and each diamond provider has completely different pricing constructions, it may be very useful for value estimates and negotiations when sourcing diamonds in addition to making sense of rivals’ retail costs. — Eric Stevens, Stevens Diamond Jewelers, West Springfield, MA
- We don’t do sufficient in free diamonds to have ever made it a justified expense in 19 years. — Cliff Yankovich, Chimera Design, Lowell, MI
- Though Martin Rapaport has offered an incredible useful resource for retailers, I don’t consult with outdoors tariffs for steerage. — J. Mason Cutchin, J. Mason Customized Jeweler, Chapel Hill, NC
- I’ve subscribed to it for years. I benefit from the journal and the e-mail information updates. It offers me an thought of what’s going on on this planet of diamonds. — Mark Goodman, Goodman Jewelers of Abingdon, Abingdon, VA
- Diamond costs are excessive and appear to be going up weekly. We haven’t seen a gentle value improve like this in a minimum of three years. — Ronnie Malka, Malka Diamonds & Jewellery, Portland, OR
- Similar as all the time. It’s nonsense. — Peter Tims, White Mountain Jewelers, Present Low, AZ
- It’s now — and for my part all the time has been — solely a information to consult with. Not the end-all for costs. — Bob Richards, Bob Richards Jewelers, Germantown, TN
- It’s waning in worth/significance. We use it principally for figuring out values when writing up value determinations on diamond jewellery. — Jennifer Hornik Johnson, Miller’s Jewellery, Bozeman, MT
- Appears like they need costs to return to pre-pandemic costs. — Carrie Plott, Gloria’s Jewellery, St. Paul, MN
- We now have not used the record in years. — Barry Fixler, Barry’s Property Jewellery, Bardonia, NY
- I want he had been required to personal stock with a view to be allowed to publish. — Stacey Horcher, J. Reiss, Lincolnwood, IL
- I don’t use it. I’ve two fantastic suppliers I belief. They don’t let me down. Possibly for appraisal references. — Rick Nichols, Nassau Jewellery, Fernandina Seaside, FL
What’s the Mind Squad?
If you happen to’re the proprietor or high supervisor of a U.S. jewellery retailer, you’re invited to hitch the INSTORE Mind Squad. By taking one five-minute quiz a month, you will get a free t-shirt, be featured prominently on this journal, and make your voice heard on key points affecting the jewellery business. Whole lot, proper? Enroll here.
The submit The Brain Squad Shares Its Thoughts on the Rapaport Price List appeared first on INSTOREMAG.COM.