AS I READ by way of Eileen McClelland’s distinctive story on this challenge on classes realized by jewellery retailers in the course of the pandemic, I started fascinated by the teachings we’ve realized right here at INSTORE. For our readers and for us, all the pieces goes again to the identical driving motivation: Placing your buyer first.
For us, you, the reader, are our buyer — as are the advertisers who make it potential for us to do what we do. So, when COVID-19 circumstances started rising dramatically final March and America went into lockdown, we rapidly put collectively a collection of free academic webinars to assist everybody in our trade take care of the instant penalties of the pandemic, in addition to plan forward for the long run. In doing so, we relied on the identical expertise — video conferencing — that lots of you turned to for serving to your individual shoppers.
We used an analogous expertise and integrated social media into our subsequent response to the pandemic, which was INSTORE’s Jewellery Week. For the reason that June commerce exhibits had been canceled, we gave producers the chance to showcase their wares by way of Fb Dwell.
On account of our newfound consolation with video-based tech, we additionally performed two digital studying conferences in 2021 entitled “INSTORE Dwell.” It’s actually gratifying to have the ability to share insights out of your fellow retailers and enterprise consultants by way of stay, interactive video that reaches jewelers from coast to coast.
What classes are you studying from the pandemic? Tell us, and we’ll proceed to share one of the best practices we come throughout.
5 Sensible Suggestions You’ll Discover in This Issue
- Publish “one-day web-only specials” on Cyber Monday and promote upfront on social media. (Manager’s To-Do, p. 28)
- Set separate vacation closing dates for particular orders, deliveries and value determinations and ensure each member of employees is aware of them. (Manager’s To-Do, p. 28)
- Rent a full-time digital assistant to assist unencumber your time. (The Big Story, p. 37)
- At your weekly assembly, provide to purchase a premium espresso for the primary one that can accurately reply a query from the worker handbook. (Ask INSTORE, p. 60)
- Flip your cellphone on and off no less than as soon as per week to guard in opposition to hackers. (Tip Sheet, p. 48)